01 The Write Elements: All Saints and All Souls

Thursday 28 October 2010

All Saints and All Souls

November 1st is the day which a Christian feast is held to honour all the saints, including those who have not been canonized. The Church has always honoured and held the celebration of the anniversary of “all the martyrs” early in the 4th century. On this day, we remember the holiness of saints who have modeled grace for us. And in our liturgical celebration, we are participating in the holiness of the Communion of Saints, who are in union with us and actively share in our worship, as together we await the day of the Lord

CDM Parish Bulletin_Vol55[1] - all saints (my article)

As I researched I came across a list about All Souls Day, and honestly I was hoping to incorporate that in more than what I had to write 

Go for point 6, I wrote in my notes. 

It is not a sad, scary or morbid ritual. It's a day of happiness because the loved ones are being remembered with fondness. Although when in the graveyard, people tend to assume an introspective brooding attitude. It is about Love not Fear. All Souls’ Day was meant for love and not fear, and to remember those who passed away with fondness.

Shame this didn't make it in 

No comments:

Post a Comment