01 The Write Elements: The Groovy Greeks and the Rotten Romans (Horrible Histories Collections) by Terry Deary

Saturday 19 February 2011

The Groovy Greeks and the Rotten Romans (Horrible Histories Collections) by Terry Deary

Image from Shelfari

Actually I was on a fence between 'liking it' and, well, the other hand. I'm a huge fan of Greek mythology but I decided to pick this up to try my hand and see if I was able to stay awake reading through the bit (actually Half) about Romans. 50-50. There are creative parts, like letters and short stories in the book, of course. Honestly, I understand this book is non-fiction so I have no hindrance about that (since it was oh-so-detailed), but it sometimes got a little dry (zzzZZZ). I guess it's my doing since I'm not one to jump at the chance to read factual stuff, nevertheless I truly did like reading this book and the series because another point is, obviously, it isn't wearying as a usual textbook. All in all, though, "I Liked It" - enough for the three stars on Shelfari :)

No comments:

Post a Comment