01 The Write Elements: Murder On The Orient Express by Agatha Christie

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Murder On The Orient Express by Agatha Christie


Image from Shelfari

Poirot is a new detective for me but he's been solving cases by Agatha Christie since forever, and now I know why. He's a brilliant man with a moustache to match his great powers of deduction (if you read his cases, you'll know it's quite large).
Though if I remember, there were some long-winded speeches (which I didn't skip but I did get a glazed look over my eyes) but there always is. I think it's to confuse. So not only does the Queen of Crime keep me guessing, she comes up with the least expected guilty party - seriously, I tried to keep up with the intuitive thoughts here and there. Realizing 'whodunit', I was stumped. Who knew?
She's living well up to her name.
This time Poirot had friends to discuss with, however he still had his thinking time. It was a lot of fun to read, and I'm picking up more of her books, especially those on Poirot. Basically you get a two-in-one by using my grey matter and picking up a little French along the way, *cough*which is one of the crucial points for the murder*cough*. I can't wait for one of the next books I'm looking out for: The Mystery of the Blue Train.
(And yes, I made the connection. Poirot has a thing for terrors on trains :-P)

This is a last note: sad thing about it is, this is another book of hers that I found which has a typo error. The back cover gives the synopsis, however the first name of the victim (they put it as Simon, I think) is slightly different then that of the actual story, Samuel Ratchett :(


 

No comments:

Post a Comment