01 The Write Elements: No Rest for the Wiccan by Madelyn Alt

Monday 2 May 2011

No Rest for the Wiccan by Madelyn Alt


Image from Shelfari

I'm so glad I love the idea and characters of this book otherwise I'd run in the other direction. It's not that the plot isn't well done, it is; I just loathe it when it has to once lead to a story about spirits and ghosts. I'm not the biggest fan of them, if you hadn't guessed from the making-a-break-for-it (and I can't even do that quick enough) analogy.
Madelyn Alt is actually one of the wonderfully elaborate authors I know of, and she could definitely evoke the fear from me, as well as the sympathy toward Maggie, as the key events started going down in Mel's 'humble abode' (that's the spoilt sister as anyone would find out).
To be honest this would be the fastest I've ever read a book. Not only could I not put it down, my eyes felt like they were the pendulum of a grandfather clock; never have I skimmed through paragraphs, especially for *cough* unsavoury bits, like that and manage to take it all in.
Then there was that ever-so-evident love-triangle. I kept wondering what Maggie would do about it, that maybe it'll happen in this book. This being drawn out, though does make for an interesting read, so I'm able to hold out for a little while longer to see what her choice might be. I'm expecting some big climax in the story for it as well as for the actual plot. I can't wait to find out :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment