01 The Write Elements: The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers #35 Lost Brother

Tuesday 20 December 2011

The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers #35 Lost Brother



I haven't read the first book in a while. It took me about as much to remember the horror of what happened in the last one, The Children of the Lost. To recap, there was someone (not the bears as some of the locals were thinking) abducting innocent children. No one had a clue why and the reason that Frank and Joe were sent to investigate the disappearances that happened years ago was that one kid mysteriously turned up, Justin Greer.
The case was a rollercoaster to read. They seemed to be having dead-ends a lot in the story and the breaks weren't much of a breakthrough. At the end, *spoiler* Frank had been kidnapped himself, although the reasons why are still unknown.
Later in this book, Lost Brother, of course, you would think of the possibility that he was a bribe to get Joe to stop investigating.
Once I really got into this book again I just couldn't put it down. I was in suspense the whole time, reading about the two brothers who had separate stories in the book, but had the common goal to find one another (mostly).
It was hard reading what was happening to Frank. Hard to also imagine what anyone might have been feeling. "Lost" is perfect in this instance. They were trapped but not exactly. There were kids that were okay and comfy but others that were definitely running scared. It didn't make much sense and I wasn't able to draw much from it. All I know is those who "resisted" were punished and I felt a sting of anger realising what could have been done to Frank (think back to Justin) if not for ________.
Needless to say, I'm going to search as hard as Joe for the third book. Hopefully it'd go smoother for me. Who knows, it might pop up somewhere, maybe through a hatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment