01 The Write Elements: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd : a comic strip by Agatha Christie

Sunday 8 August 2010

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd : a comic strip by Agatha Christie

Image from Shelfari

It was new reading a comic strip, for me. And I've never been one for reading Agatha Christie either - back then, but now I realize the Queen of Crime doesn't disappoint. A good way to start into such complex thinking was to go with colours, and lots of it. Though I think it was a little... comically drawn (no pun intended), it was oh-so-vivid. For obvious reasons as well as the frown lines and wrinkles (hee).
Hercule Poirot is definitely brilliant, but v. confusing. Then again, most detectives are. If you tried to guess who the murderer is, it won't be easy. I can say I didn't get it on my first try, because the way she wrote, it came a beautiful full circle - a poetic justice, and I couldn't have been more surprised even if I tried. But I have to say, it does keep me guessing, perfect end to a stormy night.

No comments:

Post a Comment