01 The Write Elements: I Know What You Did Last Wednesday by Anthony Horowitz

Monday 26 November 2012

I Know What You Did Last Wednesday by Anthony Horowitz



Well the first thing that came to mind was how the sword on the cover was sticking out in all the most.... wrong place - ever.

It was honestly seemingly unsuspecting, unexpected as the beginning continued. Tim was being Tim, i.e. Simple. (Snicker. How was I to know that his real name fit so perfectly?)

And then it simply spiralled down from there. It's not my first time with the idea of going to an island for a gruesome tale, I'm just shocked because it's the first and only children's book I know that had this awful scene! First I read was Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None" {Yes, she was obviously mentioned in the book} And even though it seemed like a copy it was harder to read this because the deaths seemed to happen so quick I had to re-read the horrific happenings because I by-passed it so fast the first time! My gosh!

I started to question things and my brain worked as fast to read the book to see Nick's train of thought, more or less on par with mine.

Even if there were slight misses I didn't catch, like floating... ugh or leaves being in a certain area, I still caught the killer (no spoiling since it Is a children's book; there must be someone put to justice) at the same time Nick did.
Just minus the questions of why no one looked for a surveillance room for their security cameras. Beats me but it brought more excitement and unfortunately could have resulted in lesser deaths.

Icky as much as Agatha Christie's but with a clear motive this time so it's easier but, like I said, more troubling to read.

Let's say I'll never EVER try this book at the dead of night EVER again. Well............. Third time's the charm. *shudder*
  Image result

No comments:

Post a Comment